Friday, April 21, 2017

Looking Up



The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be. Anne Frank

I wasn't afraid, lonely, nor was I unhappy but today called for being outside. I had the day off and some free day on my hands, so why not. I grabbed a bottle of water and headed out. The weather was perfect, cell phone was left in the truck, it was nothing but me and mother nature's wonders. I grew up in these woods and there is so many wonderful hidden little gems of solitude along the way. Lying down looking up toward God and the heavens is just what I needed today...it is as it should be.

5 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Beautiful old tree. I love this shot. I love the trees in the South. The only way it could get better would be to lay my head on the chest of a guy and look up, and just wonder.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

You had me at "truck", it's a gay country guy thing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of day. I liked the quote from Anne Frank.

Ur-spo said...

lovely!

It is hard to be grandiose or sell-absorbed when we can see the cosmos.
I think it ought to be regularly done to keep us in perspective.

Stephen said...

mistress Maddie (Stephen) the South is full of these gorgeous oaks and the Spanish moss one of my favorite things about living here. It would have been nice to have shared it with a guy for sure.

Sooo-this-is-me: Truck? Doesn't everyone have a truck? lol

Michael; it was a beautiful day and loved the quote also, just need to follow it more.

Ur-spo; you are so right, I need to do it at least one a week.