Thursday, May 04, 2006

Unfortunately












It is so unfortunate, I can not begin to tell you just how unfortunate it really is, beyond describable, beyond imaginable. I awoke this morning and he was gone, no where to be found. He was there last night, I'm sure of it. Lying in my arms as I drifted off to sleep, his body pressed against mine, I know he was there. My first thoughts were he had been abducted by aliens, whisked right out of the bed during the night. God only knows what they must be doing to him. Needle biopsies, probing and prodding his orifices, oh my! A voice screams in my head, "Stephen, get a hold of yourself, man!" Aliens, no way! "If anything, it is probably the second coming of Christ and your ass has been left behind." I lay there thinking to myself, what's the difference, aliens or second coming, either way he's gone and damnit I wasn't finished with him yet. Shaking my head, trying to clear the cobwebs from my still drowsy morning brain, trying to imagine how it all could have happened. How could someone have quietly slipped in and abducted him from my arms without me knowing? I hear something off in the distance. Oh no, screams of torture, screams of pain, I lay there motionless, still as a field mouse hiding from the farmer's cat, fearing they, the abductors, may be returning for me. Louder and louder the sound gets, my heart pounding in my chest, the sound gets closer and closer, a deafening ringing in my ears. Louder, closer, louder, closer, it's HERE, it's next to ME, I can feel it PRESENCE. I can't stand it any longer, I must see, I open my eyes, blinking once, twice, eyes focusing on the tormenter. BIG RED EYES in the shape of numbers stare at me, 4:30 AM! OMG, NO! Please GOD, it can't be! NOT THIS! Not another workday! Couldn't I have my orifices prodded instead?

7 comments:

Anthony said...

An interuption of the sweetest dream is the worst of interuptions. Excellent writing as always. The pic is arresting to say the least.

Unknown said...

great post...i feel your pain...great writing....

Steve said...

Yeah, I'll take the probing, too. But try getting up for work when I do... 3 A 'freakin' M. For now, anyway. That really blows, and not in the good way.

Unknown said...

Hey There. Fantastic Blog! Im putting you up as a Link... That ok?

Spider said...

Stephen - you make prodding your orifices sound like a BAD THING! But I can identify with you on this one babe... again, your writing is fantastic... and the pic is excellent as always - love the long hair...

Kevin said...

Yeah, my tormentor is the same, and although his are a gentler, bluer version ... it's still horrible to look into them knowing that it's time to get up.

And good luck on gettin' probed!

Bobby Xanadu said...

Dearest Stephen - I know what you mean about the damn alarm. Just about the time I am in a wonderful deep sleep - dreaming of only god knows what (but something great)- BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Prodding orifices definitely sounds like much more fun than getting up and facing the world and going to work. Hugs n kisses - hang in there!